Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Our dogs in the farm, part 2

Among my "perks" in visiting the farm in Bugallon, Pangasinan is to see my dogs. Below from left: Shiver, Scaredy and Cold. Shiver and Cold were sisters, my 2 girls gave those names to them when they were still in Makati when they were still puppies. Cold went back to the farm first, Shiver stayed because the girls asked to have at least one dog in the house. Then I brought another puppy to the house in Makati, their younger brother which the girls named Scaredy. I brought back Shiver and Scaredy together to the farm.


Well, not really in the farm but at Danny's house in the barangay proper, somewhere lowland than the farm. When I arrive from Manila, these three dogs plus another dog which is also their sister but stayed at Danny's house as a puppy, they go wild, barking loudly and happily. Such very loyal and friendly creatures.


When it's time to go to the farm, the three dogs would quickly hop onto Danny's tricycle, they enjoy the ride going to the farm.


Then there are two other dogs that are "stay in" at the farm, they guard the place 24/7, they are "wild dogs" there who are tame only to Danny and Nong Endring because they feed the dogs daily. Sometimes they allow me to pat them very lightly.


Upon arriving at the farm, I give the three dogs a bath at the creek. I'm the only one who can give them a bath.

The farm is a bit wide so there are some wild animals like small or arm-size snakes. These crawlers are scared of dogs, so it is safe to walk along tall grasses or trees with plenty of vines or fallen dried leaves on the ground, the dogs clear the road for me and our caretakers.


I just love these very loyal pets.

See also:
Our dogs in the farm, July 17, 2007 
Our Dog Gives Her Milk to Kittens, July 08, 2014

No comments: