Monday, April 02, 2018

Corn in the farm

Our farm caretaker, Nong Endring Paragas did not plant rice 2nd cropping because of plenty of natural enemies in the farm -- mostly maya birds, then rats, snails, etc. The sister in law of his son Danny who also helps in the farm, proposed the planting of corn. Fine, continued cropping prevents the growth of unsightly cogon, vines, other grasses in the rice area in front of my treehouse.

I have three sets of photos here taken on three different dates.

(1) February 14, 2018.

 

Center view, facing the treehouse and on the 2nd floor of the treehouse.


(2) March 11. Corn are now taller and bigger.

 

Center view from the 2nd floor of my treehouse.


(3) March 30.


View from the 2nd floor of my treehouse.

 

Projected harvest I think is late April to early May. I hope they will earn here so that their four months of labor will be rewarded.

No comments: