Sunday, February 07, 2016

My treehouse is 12 years old

My treehouse is now 12 years old. Time flies.
It was well-built, hugging a big and live mahogany tree, so it has survived some  of the strongest typhoons that passed by the area.

I took this photo last January 24, 2016.




Succeeding photos were taken last December 2015.
The 2nd floor. During the rainy season, this trunk of mahogany tree produces lots of new branches and leaves, yes, in the middle of the house.

No bed, yes. No one sleeps there, our caretaker goes home in the afternoon after feeding our dogs who watch the area 24/7. When I was still unmarried, I would go and sleep here every 2-3 weeks.


This part of the roof needs repair every year, or every 2 years at least. Why, because the trunk goes taller and bigger.

Part of the stair handle, gobbled by a branch.

 Opposite side, same spot.

A brace of the roof, the base has been swallowed by the trunk.

A pillar of the 2nd floor, photo taken from the 1st floor. This pillar is about 3 x 8 inches and it is slowly swallowed by the trunk.

Nong Endring sitting near the toilet.

Braces for the 1st floor, photo taken from the base. Their base also swallowed by the trunk.

Two more braces.

View from the 2nd floor.

Thank you treehouse, for the gift of shelter and shade. I still feel relaxed and rejuvenated whenever I visit you. And thank you, Mr. Mahogany, for hosting my treehouse all these years.
------------

See also:
My Treehouse, May 2012, July 17, 2012
My Treehouse, August 2013, August 21, 2013

Treehouse, Versions 2002 vs. 2014, April 23, 2014

My Treehouse is 11 Years Old, February 10, 2015

No comments: