Monday, March 31, 2014

My Treehouse, March 2014

My treehouse, built around March 2004 or 10 years ago, has experienced a major facelift this month. Here is how it looks now, when I visited the farm last weekend.


And how it looked last month, February 2014.


The slatted bamboo floor have been replaced with wood, from slabs of big mahogany trees that were harvested two months ago.


Now, view from below, from another side of the house.


Before: extension on the left side of the second floor.


Now: extended longer.


Before: 10 years old bamboo floor...


Now: all wood, about 1/3 x 4 inches, from mahogany slabs.


Before: another view of the bamboo floor on the second floor.


Now.

Before: the extension on the ground floor.


Now.

Before: cogon roof on the front facing the rice field.


Now: iron sheets.

Before: old and decaying slabs behind our rotary club banner during my term as Club President, RY 2006-07.


Now.

Before: the toilet, ground floor.


Now.

Thanks to Sid, our carpenter for seven days. He was assisted by our caretakers Nong Endring and Danny Paragas, and Boknoy.


See also:
My Treehouse, May 2012, July 17, 2012
Around My Treehouse, May 02, 2013

My Treehouse, August 2013, August 21, 2014

No comments: